League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

James harden

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

James harden

Post by Stockton12 »

Where will he end up

Just read an article which lists
Milwaukee
Miami
Philadelphia
Brooklyn

While I’m not a harden fan ..would be awesome if he ended up on my second favourite team in Milwaukee

But philly probally has the most assets and is favourite

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: James harden

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Philly, definitely
Trade Ben Simmons for Harden and let him dominate the ball there as a point guard.

Rockets start their rebuild with Simmons and if they add shooting and defense they can even fight for something with Wall as well.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

A package around Simmons would be amazing for both teams. I don't think Embiid/Simmons works without an epic amount of shooting around them as both players need to live in the paint. I firmly believe that a well built team around Simmons with lots of shooting can make him a legit franchise player. I would accept a straight swap of those two over any package Brooklyn, Miami, or Milwaukee would want to offer.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I would actually hate Harden here. I want no part of him and would much rather roll with Ben. Let him go to Brooklyn

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

emplep7 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:52 am I would actually hate Harden here. I want no part of him and would much rather roll with Ben. Let him go to Brooklyn
As the resident Nets fan I think I'm good.

Kyrie, KD and Harden would be an unstoppable offensive trio but the Nets have amazing depth right now. I think having some of the best depth in the NBA is more valuable than 3 stars and nothing else for this season. Covid will be such a weird hurdle that having 12 actual good NBA players is a big asset right now.

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

It's becoming more of a clown show. Going to clubs the night before the season opener, probably going to be ruled out to play due to breaking protocols.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Houston reporter says Toronto and Boston are now the favorites to land him. I wouldn't hate packaging Jaylen Brown and picks for him.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Rizzo wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:18 pm Houston reporter says Toronto and Boston are now the favorites to land him. I wouldn't hate packaging Jaylen Brown and picks for him.
I agree... I question whether harden will physically hold up and if he is a + culture wise. In order to get Harden they'd have to give up both Brown and Smart which Smart is a key culture piece for Boston
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Any Harden to Boston trade likely includes Kemba going out, I think. Brown and Smart are the kind of players you want next to Harden. Houston having an immovable super maxed PG already in Wall complicates that a lot, so you need a third team. If Kemba is not the guy, then Smart+Brown for Harden craters Boston's defense. I'm not sure I see a perfect deal there.

I still think Harden/Simmons is the deal that ends up happening. Straight up, with maybe some other supporting pieces going both ways so that PJ Tucker can go to Philly also.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

Good, send him to the Celtics or Raptors so the Nets don't get him.

They need to deal him sooner than later, but I think a big Harden trade is more likely to happen around the deadline or even this offseason. Teams will be better equipped to make a big move like that then.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

old takes exposed on myself here.

was tough pill to swallow at first but watching Harden is incredible. Wish they didn't trade Jarrett Allen but the big 3 is all that matters

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah, there is no doubt he's a generational talent offensively. I'm still glad the sixers didn't leverage the farm to get him, but his talent is undeniable. I'm excited to see how this season plays out in the East.