League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Free agency idea

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Free agency idea

Post by Stockton12 »

I know this could be another one of my silly ideas but putting this out there

How about having an unofficial free agency start ..

The top 10 or 15 players fall into a category or category’s and all communication is sent to the player agency or agency’s .. so by the time free agency starts they are entered and signed .. the rest of the players is handled by the game

This is a potential fix to a clippers situation especially with Noel..no disrepect manu

I’d be willing to offer help with the workload ..just asking people’s opinions

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: Free agency idea

Post by Dennis »

We already did it. Didn't work well.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

As mentioned on the chat I am against this. There would be arguements over who is in the top 10-15 and the workload would result in GM's burning out.

Better to leave as much in game as possible.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

If it weren't so easy for GMs to log-in as commissioner and sim ahead, I'd be fine with leaving things in the game. But that ruins the in-game FA for me. It's a broken system.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

GreenBear wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:17 am If it weren't so easy for GMs to log-in as commissioner and sim ahead, I'd be fine with leaving things in the game. But that ruins the in-game FA for me. It's a broken system.
This is a real thing?
Clown.Show.League

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Damn, so GMS can still sim ahead to see at what kind of demands a player will sign?
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

GreenBear wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:17 am If it weren't so easy for GMs to log-in as commissioner and sim ahead, I'd be fine with leaving things in the game. But that ruins the in-game FA for me. It's a broken system.
I thought this wouldn’t work on randomized files but never tested. But seems like it works.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:41 pm
I thought this wouldn’t work on randomized files but never tested. But seems like it works.
I dont know 100% either. Seems like Doug tested though or has evidence it works for sure. Would explain some stuff that happened this FA though.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Dennis wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:48 pm
Marcos_Beck wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:41 pm
I dont know 100% either. Seems like Doug tested though or has evidence it works for sure. Would explain some stuff that happened this FA though.
Yep, is there anyway to close this loophole?

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

We could just not give anyone the FA file.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

But then the simmer will have to manually input every bid? That would be too much, no? Sorry, not knowledgeable with file.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Myles wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:38 pm We could just not give anyone the FA file.
Someone would have to do MASSIVE work then.
Even if we limit bids per day to say, 3 per team, that's possibly 90 bids per day for a simmer to input.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I wasn’t serious lol

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Myles wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:17 pm I wasn’t serious lol
You are out lord, and savior now (commish), so everything you say will be taken very seriously.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

But simming ahead is available for all - so, while undesirable, it is fair at least. If anyting it just gives an idea of the offer the player currently prefers - why he chooses a particular offer is where the mystery lies.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

andrei wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:16 pm But simming ahead is available for all - so, while undesirable, it is fair at least. If anyting it just gives an idea of the offer the player currently prefers - why he chooses a particular offer is where the mystery lies.
I agree with andrei. i have no problem if other people sim ahead. Using something to have a clue what will happen is far more realistic. I use Math, its not perfect but it gives you a pretty good idea of what will happen and when. They were wrong on Lillard leaving LA but i have made adjustments.

If you make a 4/20 offer and use math or sim ahead you get feedback like you would in real life. The player will say Im interested i could sign that in 4 days.

If you make a 4/20 offer and dont do anything you get no feedback from the player he just ignores you. this is not realistic.

Same thing goes for people knowing my offers. Agents talk in real life, theyll use current offers to get more out of other teams. Other GMs knowing my offers annoyed me at 1st but i used the logic that agents talk to be ok with it.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Silogical wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:09 am
andrei wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:16 pm But simming ahead is available for all - so, while undesirable, it is fair at least. If anyting it just gives an idea of the offer the player currently prefers - why he chooses a particular offer is where the mystery lies.
I agree with andrei. i have no problem if other people sim ahead. Using something to have a clue what will happen is far more realistic. I use Math, its not perfect but it gives you a pretty good idea of what will happen and when. They were wrong on Lillard leaving LA but i have made adjustments.

If you make a 4/20 offer and use math or sim ahead you get feedback like you would in real life. The player will say Im interested i could sign that in 4 days.

If you make a 4/20 offer and dont do anything you get no feedback from the player he just ignores you. this is not realistic.

Same thing goes for people knowing my offers. Agents talk in real life, theyll use current offers to get more out of other teams. Other GMs knowing my offers annoyed me at 1st but i used the logic that agents talk to be ok with it.
Math, like the academic subject?

I'm fine with seeing other peoples offers but I don't subscribe to being able to sim ahead to see what it will take for someone to sign. That certainly isn't fair.

I'm also ROFLMFAO at some of the people saying they don't do this in here. That's good.
Clown.Show.League

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Ocons a lot of us never did it because we were under the impression that because the file was randomized it didn't matter if we simmed ahead. It was definitely news to me that it actually works to go ahead in FA. I've only ever known about the bug that allows us to see other offers. I have faith our admins will find a way to address it in the future.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

drumr wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:08 am Ocons a lot of us never did it because we were under the impression that because the file was randomized it didn't matter if we simmed ahead. It was definitely news to me that it actually works to go ahead in FA. I've only ever known about the bug that allows us to see other offers. I have faith our admins will find a way to address it in the future.
address it by telling everyone to do it and not keep it a secret. It replicates reality a lot better if you have a clue what it will take to sign someone. Its really not hard to figure it out without simming, but go ahead and sim. The whole FA dynamic would be so much better and more interesting.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

I kind of agree with you as anyone who is an NBA fan knows agents are talking to EVERYONE lol.
Cleveland Cavaliers