League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Stupid Questions Thread

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post by Myles »

drumr wrote:So if were at contract decision that means players have picked up or rejected their options already? I thought they did it before FA?
'
We won't know about player options until after this step.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Thanks. May the Engine be in my favor lol.
Cleveland Cavaliers

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Are the trades going to be processed with a new file up before the first FA sim?

Some of those deals determine how much cap room I have, as I'm sure with everybody else as well....?

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Also, if I haven't indicated that I am sign my rookies (both first and second rounders), then they shouldn't count against my space space yet, correct? And when's the deadline of signing rookies?
Big changes are coming in D.C.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

lakeshowak7 wrote:Are the trades going to be processed with a new file up before the first FA sim?

Some of those deals determine how much cap room I have, as I'm sure with everybody else as well....?
This. And renouncements as well. That determines a lot.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Renouncements have all been completed. we can put in trades as well, but everything from here on out is being handled by the sim team and not the admins.

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

emplep7 wrote:Renouncements have all been completed. we can put in trades as well, but everything from here on out is being handled by the sim team and not the admins.
That would be cool since I also have 3.6m cap tied up over a trade that can be used towards FA

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

I put in a player instruction for Rozier right before he got injured for 50 days. In the game, will he still improve or since he's injured I'm screwed?

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

8time wrote:I put in a player instruction for Rozier right before he got injured for 50 days. In the game, will he still improve or since he's injured I'm screwed?
In previous versions of the game it didn't matter whether a player played or not. In DDS3 cannot tell, but I'd say it should work the same way.
ImageImageImageImageImage

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

mgtr81 wrote:
8time wrote:I put in a player instruction for Rozier right before he got injured for 50 days. In the game, will he still improve or since he's injured I'm screwed?
In previous versions of the game it didn't matter whether a player played or not. In DDS3 cannot tell, but I'd say it should work the same way.
Cool. Thanks

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

What Manu said is right. It's the same in DDS3.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Bump for those confused about offense.
1. Standard
2. Single Post
3. Double Post
4. High Post
5. Iso Offense
6. Dribble Drive
7. Ball Movement

These are not meant to be set plays or designed offenses, they are meant to be mechanisms to give you more control over your style of play. If you are playing in local mode you will operate based on the preferences of the head coach, like always. If you are in global mode you will operate on the preferences of the head coach unless you uncheck the box on the roster/strategy tab for use coach settings - then it will revert to your philosophy settings which are changed in the office screen.

The standard offense is just what the game does now - each player tends to move to the areas on the floor he is most comfortable with.

The single post offense will take your center and place him in the post and the other four offensive players will be outside of the post (4 out 1 in offense)

The double post offense works similar but uses 3 perimeter players and 2 post players (PF/C)

The high post offense puts the SF and PF in similar wing/high post/low post opportunities while the guards play the perimeter and the C works the low post

The iso offense works like the standard offense but the emphasis is even more highly on getting the ball to players who are highly rated in SCORING and can create their own shot

The dribble drive offense works like the standard offense except that it discourages players from taking some jump shots in an effort to create more drive play either for layups/dunks, shots off the dribble or kick outs for shots.

The ball movement offense works like the standard offense but it puts less emphasis on the SCORING rating. It will not prevent/discourage a player from shooting but it will encourage players to look for other players outside of your top scorers more often

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Sims are late as fuck as it is..

Is there a reason why trades aren't being processed?

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

I was always under the impression that we have late, and inconsistent sims so that whoever was simming would have adequate time to complete the sim. Now we have inconsistent, late, and incomplete sims?

Would I get full scouting credit if I wrote an incomplete insider?

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

lakeshowak7 wrote:Sims are late as fuck as it is..

I just think that blockbuster is under further review. Patience grasshopper.
Clown.Show.League

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Ocons wrote:
lakeshowak7 wrote:Sims are late as fuck as it is..

I just think that blockbuster is under further review. Patience grasshopper.
Writing my half-insider now since the admins joke in the FB chat about the simmer not processing trades. Must be a non-issue, so will assume half-articles are as well.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Cleveland Cavaliers

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Is there a reason why our trade didn't go through yet and why FA's haven't been signed? Thx
http://www.championsimleague.com/viewto ... =23&t=8078

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

waiting for the start of the regular season. no point in doing it during the preseason since they just roll back the game file to Day 1

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

BizGilwalker wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:01 am waiting for the start of the regular season. no point in doing it during the preseason since they just roll back the game file to Day 1
This is the exact reason. When we release the regular season file (should be within the next 24 hours), these moves will be processed