League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Stupid Questions Thread

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post by mgtr81 »

Myles wrote:
8time wrote:I'm thinking of firing my coach. I've had numerous Injuries this season . Nothing too bad besides James Young. Is that normal? I'd guess that I've had at least 12-15 injuries this season.

Any coach out there that doesn't include the injury bug? Lol
Ask Manu about his Bulls days in the NLL. He probably got 15 injuries per month lol
Yes ... those were the days. I miss them (injuries included). If I remember correctly, in three of our peak seasons we had a key player missing the playoffs.
ImageImageImageImageImage

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

What are the East and West PO seeds? Are best records the higher seeds or division champs?

Thanks in advance

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Not sure if this has been answered but when are contract decisions announced? Player options and whatnot?
Ball is Life.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

blackice wrote:Not sure if this has been answered but when are contract decisions announced? Player options and whatnot?
After draft and coach hiring, the latter of which may run during draft

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Jestor wrote:
blackice wrote:Not sure if this has been answered but when are contract decisions announced? Player options and whatnot?
So a guy like Eric Gordon, he had a PO on his next year, can I move him now?
Ball is Life.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

blackice wrote:
Jestor wrote:
You can try but the trade will be voided if he doesn't opt in, IIRC

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

There's nothing against it in the CBA.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

blackice wrote:
Jestor wrote:
The way the NBA operates, no you can't. A trade is contingent on a player or team option being accepted. So you would have to wait till that happens to make the trade. Don't post a trade until it is legal.

Also while it sounds pointless, that means that Melo has to accept the PO before the trade to Milwaukee happens. Obviously he's going to, because it's impossible for him to make $25M in FA, but it means that he can't be traded until after options are completed.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

BizGilwalker wrote:The way the NBA operates, no you can't. A trade is contingent on a player or team option being accepted. So you would have to wait till that happens to make the trade. Don't post a trade until it is legal.

Also while it sounds pointless, that means that Melo has to accept the PO before the trade to Milwaukee happens. Obviously he's going to, because it's impossible for him to make $25M in FA, but it means that he can't be traded until after options are completed.
Maybe in the NBA, but not here, as there's nothing in the CBA against trading a player with a PO.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

mgtr81 wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:The way the NBA operates, no you can't. A trade is contingent on a player or team option being accepted. So you would have to wait till that happens to make the trade. Don't post a trade until it is legal.

Maybe in the NBA, but not here, as there's nothing in the CBA against trading a player with a PO.
There doesn't have to be a section specifically stating that you cannot trade a contract with a player option because it's already addressed through logic.

In the offseason, we switch over and begin using salaries from next season. Since a player does not have a salary for next season until he picks up his option, he has no salary for trade purposes and thus cannot be traded until he does.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Sun Scorched wrote:There doesn't have to be a section specifically stating that you cannot trade a contract with a player option because it's already addressed through logic.

In the offseason, we switch over and begin using salaries from next season. Since a player does not have a salary for next season until he picks up his option, he has no salary for trade purposes and thus cannot be traded until he does.
Ok, but it is not "through logic". All other leagues I've been in players with PO's could be traded. If it was a TO, then the receiving team was forced to pick up the TO.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

if game allows it, we will allow it then. If not, we won't. Let's stick to game rules cause I think there's nothing written at the CBA, though if there is, anyone point that out to me please!
And whatever game decides will be inputted during CBA update so we dont lose track of that rule!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Why would anyone want to trade for a player with a p.o. anyways. We had this same issue in the nll. So a team will trade for a player just to potentially see them opt out? Why not just have an agreed upon trade to be posted after decisions?
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Why is mentioning a players name bad form? It's my opinion and if someone is uninformed enough to take it and potentially ruin their franchise that's on them. Jist curious? Don't we want people discussing who can go where and who's falling? It's not like we don't all have the ability to look on the forum and see who's there. Isn't on the best parts of drafts commenting on who's falling and the storylines it generates? Never noticed that rule last season and wonder it's intent is all.
Cleveland Cavaliers

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

drumr wrote:Why is mentioning a players name bad form? It's my opinion and if someone is uninformed enough to take it and potentially ruin their franchise that's on them. Jist curious? Don't we want people discussing who can go where and who's falling? It's not like we don't all have the ability to look on the forum and see who's there. Isn't on the best parts of drafts commenting on who's falling and the storylines it generates? Never noticed that rule last season and wonder it's intent is all.
We don't want people influencing other people's decisions on draft day. We've always done it this way. Wait till that player is selected and then talk about it all you want.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Yeah it's been a rule since the beginning

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Yeah we implemented that rule when I founded the league and took it from the NLL who had been using that rule since I joined in 2011.

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

I'm fine with either route.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Thanks for answering like I said just curious
Cleveland Cavaliers

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

So if were at contract decision that means players have picked up or rejected their options already? I thought they did it before FA?
Cleveland Cavaliers