League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Stupid Questions Thread

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post by WillyJakkz »

Thx guys

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Are we able to hire coaches to 5yr deals in-season if we relieve our current head coach of their duties? Thx

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

It’s in the new CBA, coaches hired in-season follow the same rules as in-season players. They will be signed through the end of this season.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Ok thanks Myles

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

To be honest Willy, I think poor Jeff has little to do with your challenges this year...
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

andrei wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:15 am To be honest Willy, I think poor Jeff has little to do with your challenges this year...
:evil:

They aren't responding to him, started to cut him loose in the offseason...he's burnt out

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Another question: Does PAS rating mean how well OR how often they pass the ball?

Thx

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Both

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

What's the difference, or better, STP % or PA/SF? I've seen guys(guards) who are at 100% STP but giving up 1.3 and 2 PPSF. . .
Clown.Show.League

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

This is how I've perceived it. Others can correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd love to know if I'm wrong.

STP% tells you the percentage of drives that a player stopped. If you have a guy that's close to 0 STP%, then any time someone attempts to drive on your guy, he gets past him. Doesn't necessarily mean he scores, but he gets closer to the rim. I assume that if you have a shot blocker behind them, the shot blocker faces that shot and could have a shot at stopping the drive or just face the shot.

But someone like Kemba who stops like 95%+ of drives, either forces a driving player into a pass, or a shot that isn't at the rim. Could still be a FGI or a FGJ. The big thing there is avoiding a FGD attempt which is basically DDS talk for a shot at the rim, whereas a FGI is just near the rim. It doesn't mean that Kemba is stopping them from scoring 95% of the time, just that he's keeping them on the perimeter.

STP% is affected heavily by player weight. Typically the skinnier your defender is, the better his STP% will be. Stupid, I know, but James Harden is living proof of that. Below 50 STP% when he was over 220 lbs, now he's 203 lbs and stopping over 90% of drives.

As for PA/SF, it feels like a flawed metric to me, since a really good defender would keep his man from even attempting some shots, and less shots faced would obviously increase that number, but maybe I'm reading into that too much. Typically you'll see the best defenders around 0.80-0.85 and lesser defenders above 1.0, but that number is all but useless seven games into the season due to tiny sample size. One game vs James Harden or Paul George can throw off the entire thing. It's basically opposing points per shot. Idk whether that goes by positional matchup, but I guess it makes sense that it would.

I don't think one rating is better than the other, but both need context.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Myles wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:49 pmBoth
So is more weight placed on one over the other?

Thx

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

TR50
General Manager

Post by TR50 »

I think my questions probably belong here for now, haha.

1.) How/where could I get the DDS we run?
2.) How do I access the sim results/links/other teams rosters etc.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

TR50 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:43 am I think my questions probably belong here for now, haha.

someone else can help with getting DDSPB3. Since it's kind of an older game it looks like Wolverine Studios doesn't have much on their site anymore.

The HTML with the sim results etc are the links at the top of the page. Just click on Standings. Once you've got the game, League File is up there too

Raidercj
General Manager

Post by Raidercj »

TR50 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:43 am I think my questions probably belong here for now, haha.

1. was already answered.
2. Html's are listed about right below the banner. League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents They get updated every sim. Some times it will take a bit to reload, try refreshing them. You can access every teams roster from there too.

http://csl.we.bs/CSLStandings.html
New Orleans Pelicans

Starters: Monte Morris | Brandon Knight | Chandler Parsons | Anthony Davis | Nikola Vucevic

Alternatives:Joe Jackson | Roy Devyn Marble | Brice Johnson | Malcolm Brogdon | Cole Aldrich | Rajon Rondo | James Ennis

Reserves: Tyler Dorsey | Nicolas Brussino | Derrick Jones

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

The link to download the game files is:

https://www.wolverinestudios.com/purchased/

The game we use is “DDS: Pro Basketball 3”

I’ll PM you with a license and your team password as soon as I can get the license

TR50
General Manager

Post by TR50 »

Thanks guys! Will b e purchasing the game either tonight or tomorrow once I am home from work.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

You can’t purchase the game, just download the game files from that link and install them. The game is so old they don’t sell it anymore (came out in 2013) so I have to contact the guy who runs the company to get a license for you. I’ll PM you tonight with more info

TR50
General Manager

Post by TR50 »

Thanks Myles!

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

On HTML it shows KP and someone else (cant remember) with minor 1-2 day injuries. In the file, it's on 12/12 like we are but neither show up in the game. Are they too minor? Just want to make sure I'm not submitting a bogus file.
Clown.Show.League

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Ocons wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:09 pm On HTML it shows KP and someone else (cant remember) with minor 1-2 day injuries. In the file, it's on 12/12 like we are but neither show up in the game. Are they too minor? Just want to make sure I'm not submitting a bogus file.

It's there for me... KP and Hunter have really minor injuries though. They can likely play through