League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DDS3 Offensive Sets

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Re: Offensive Set

Post by Dylan »

Rizzo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Stockton12 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:39 am I think also ball movement leads to less turnovers per game ..
Is this confirmed? I feel like unless you have a great passing team then this doesn’t make a ton of sense.
I had been testing Ball Movement, and it's safe to say I don't have a good passing team, and we were a turnover machine. If you have solid to good passers/ball handlers at at least your guard and wing positions, I'd assume this would work. Otherwise, it definitely wouldn't lead to less turnovers, it leads to more.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Interesting. I run ball movement very successfully, and while I have above average ball handlers at most positions, my passing isn't great at their positions except Austin at PF.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Dylan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:47 am
Rizzo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Stockton12 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:39 am I think also ball movement leads to less turnovers per game ..
Is this confirmed? I feel like unless you have a great passing team then this doesn’t make a ton of sense.
I had been testing Ball Movement, and it's safe to say I don't have a good passing team, and we were a turnover machine. If you have solid to good passers/ball handlers at at least your guard and wing positions, I'd assume this would work. Otherwise, it definitely wouldn't lead to less turnovers, it leads to more.
The Knicks were 1st in less turnovers per game ...unless it’s a setting that I used that helped that

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I think it’s because you have relatively good ball handlers besides Dwight, and Thad Young.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

For dribble-drive, I imagine you would need players with good handle ratings. What about if their pass ratings are sub-par?
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Rizzo wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:58 am For dribble-drive, I imagine you would need players with good handle ratings. What about if their pass ratings are sub-par?
FWIW Harden+Iguodala was an amazing duo in the dribble drive, particularly when both were switching the guard spots, despite both having pretty low handles for a PG (low 60s). Harden had quite a few turnovers as you would expect, but got to the rim with ease more than he did with any other strat.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Interesting to hear that. Outside of my point guards though my team doesn't have elite handles so guys like Rashad Vaughn, Malachi Richardson and Jonathan Isaac may struggle.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

You can't compare Harden to any player in this engine as it won't work that way for most players. He's not of this earth.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Re: DDS3 Offensive Sets

Post by blackice »

I was researching different sets for next season and this thread proved invaluable so I'm gonna bump it in case anyone else wants a refresher. Most of you are experts and don't need it but some might find it useful.
Ball is Life.