League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post by emplep7 »

Ocons wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:08 pm LOL. There is no chance I am going through all these threads.

Not for nothing, whatever this Pokemon league is made things suuuuuper confusing for me when checking in from time to time. I couldn't keep anything straight and wasn't even sure the real CSL was going because there was so much activity there.

Way too much going on over here, figured I was kicked out. Glad to see I wasn't (yet?). What'd I miss?
Besides us catching CSL Pokemon? Oh you know, just most of the season, Daniel Hamilton being rejuvenated, and the trade deadline. There's still time for redemption if you vote on the ASG though.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Ocons wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:08 pm LOL. There is no chance I am going through all these threads.

Not for nothing, whatever this Pokemon league is made things suuuuuper confusing for me when checking in from time to time. I couldn't keep anything straight and wasn't even sure the real CSL was going because there was so much activity there.

Way too much going on over here, figured I was kicked out. Glad to see I wasn't (yet?). What'd I miss?
You know the forum still exists in its normal state right? You can still click on the Standings link at the top to see where we are at, the League File link to check out your team, head on over to the Sim Results and Depth Charts forums to fulfill your duties, make moves in Player Movement, use the CSL Insider and CSL Wiretap forums to check out the wonderful media everyone’s done?

I know you’re the league’s official “get off my lawn” cranky old man, but this ain’t it chief

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Glad to see you guys still have your sense of humor. I regularly checked the standings, don't worry. When I check new topics, it was all Pokemon - hence the good joke.

I coulda have/should have made a few moves but I didn't have time and, based on some of the random offers I received, it wouldn't have been worth my time.
Clown.Show.League

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Maybe you could post in the Away thread in times where you are pretty busy, happens to us all.
I'm never sure if you are still around and if sending an offer is worth the time. Newer Gm's may even think Utah is GM-less.

Hope you find some more time. this team clearly has talent and deserves some coaching :-)

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

No, I get it. I've put the league in a bad spot and it's not new. It's impossible for me to saw when I'll be "Away". Generally, I'm quiet but checking in - these past few months have been out of control in a number of areas and I've barely had time or energy to even do that.

Agreed, this team is talented but still missing pieces and I've never been good at figuring the game out enough to manipulate it in our favor. I bought this game too but still haven't loaded it up. . .
Clown.Show.League

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Where the +10 ratings in the rookies come from? Is it luck? Or how they perform in real life?

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Sharkn20 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:24 pm Where the +10 ratings in the rookies come from? Is it luck? Or how they perform in real life?
From everything we have seen, I believe it's random.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

KW wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:24 pm
Sharkn20 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:24 pm Where the +10 ratings in the rookies come from? Is it luck? Or how they perform in real life?
From everything we have seen, I believe it's random.
And it's assigned by the Commissioners? Or game related?

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Admins deciding by how much they like the GMs and if they are active. That’s why Kevin introduced commish privileges.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Hah Before anyone newer believes what Dennis is saying, it’s completely random and doesn’t necessarily correlate at all to how they’re performing. There’s nothing from the backend we can see that explains who gets these boosts but there are usually a few in the top 10 and some random late firsts/seconds that seem to get it.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

For next season's Instructions - are we still going to be able to change both Ball Actions and Floor Ranges like this year? I believe there was talk about only being able to do instructions for one of these...
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

You will still be able to do this, but there won't be as many instructions available next season so you will need to be more tactical with their usage.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Thanks Jon
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Hate to bring it up again but I'm a big "new posts" guy and there are days I come on here to 25+ new comments or threads but more than half aren't related to the CSL. It looks and sounds like this other trading card game is very interesting but I just can't keep it all straight.

Sorry.
Clown.Show.League

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Ocons wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:44 pm Hate to bring it up again but I'm a big "new posts" guy and there are days I come on here to 25+ new comments or threads but more than half aren't related to the CSL. It looks and sounds like this other trading card game is very interesting but I just can't keep it all straight.

Sorry.
The only option the board gives is to remove the "New Posts" option all together or to keep it. It won't allow you to prune certain sections from that area as far as I can find.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

We just need to remove his viewing privileges from the Champions Team section

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

That would be cool if it's that easy. I love the idea and the concept of it, I just don't have time to participate - obviously. Don't go crazy if it causes any ripple effect or takes additional work doing so.

Cheers.
Clown.Show.League

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Ocons wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:56 pm That would be cool if it's that easy. I love the idea and the concept of it, I just don't have time to participate - obviously. Don't go crazy if it causes any ripple effect or takes additional work doing so.

Cheers.
If it's that easy, I'd love to have my viewing privileges removed from the card collections-related section too.

If it's a lot of work or you'd have to do some experimenting, don't worry about it. I can manage. But if you already know how to do it, that would be awesome.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

#haters
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Forum access was updated for Kevin and Doug so you shouldnt see that part of the forum anymore. If anyone else would like to have the same change, let me know.