League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Looking to buy DDS19

wms02a
CEO

Re: Looking to buy DDS19

Post by wms02a »

why doesn't gary allow us to buy direct from him??? stink I bought on steam and my work PC wont allow me to run steam but allows me to download dds
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

is there a customer service email for Wolverine Studios?
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

OK, I'm gonna bite the proverbial bullet and buy Parallels Desktop so I can run this on my Mac. Before I do, I just wanna confirm the steam version of the game works? Can we buy the game directly from Wolverine Studios?
Ball is Life.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

We cannot buy directly from WS, and I can’t confirm that it works on Steam but other people have said it does. I bought it direct over a year ago

I’ll check for their support email

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... ickets/new

That's how you submit a Customer Support ticket

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Myles wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:46 pm We cannot buy directly from WS, and I can’t confirm that it works on Steam but other people have said it does. I bought it direct over a year ago

OK so I bought Parallels Desktop and DDS19 (about $80 combined -_-) but I could use a tutorial as to where I can find the game file, how to upload it, etc. I'm pretty sure it's been posted but I can't find it.
Ball is Life.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

blackice wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:26 pm
Myles wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:46 pm We cannot buy directly from WS, and I can’t confirm that it works on Steam but other people have said it does. I bought it direct over a year ago

OK so I bought Parallels Desktop and DDS19 (about $80 combined -_-) but I could use a tutorial as to where I can find the game file, how to upload it, etc. I'm pretty sure it's been posted but I can't find it.
I'll try to help, though I don't know anything about Macs and Parallels Desktop, but my understanding is that Parallels simply gives you a normal Windows workspace, with some default folders like Documents and Pictures, etc.... , and you run DDS within that?

If that's the case, when you install DDS, it should create some directories in your Documents folder. I put the league file here: C:\Users\Kyrus\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPB19\Leagues.

Open that up in game and when your export is done, it should tell you what directory it went to. Mine is: C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSPB2019\Multiplayer\CSLpreseason\Team17.tem

The old versions of this game were picky as hell about where you install them, so to be safe, I'd install the game exactly where it defaults to.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

KW wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:40 pm
blackice wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:26 pm

I'll try to help, though I don't know anything about Macs and Parallels Desktop, but my understanding is that Parallels simply gives you a normal Windows workspace, with some default folders like Documents and Pictures, etc.... , and you run DDS within that?

If that's the case, when you install DDS, it should create some directories in your Documents folder. I put the league file here: C:\Users\Kyrus\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPB19\Leagues.

Open that up in game and when your export is done, it should tell you what directory it went to. Mine is: C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSPB2019\Multiplayer\CSLpreseason\Team17.tem

The old versions of this game were picky as hell about where you install them, so to be safe, I'd install the game exactly where it defaults to.
OK I've found the folder, where can I find the league file?
Ball is Life.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Sorry, more specifically what file in the 21-22 zip file goes into the

" C:\Users\Kyrus(Musie)\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPB19\Leagues."

Folder. I'm trying but I keep getting an error message.
Ball is Life.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

You need to unzip the CSLpreseason zip folder, inside you will see another folder and a .pbb file titled the same way. Copy paste both of those into the Leagues folder.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

KW wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:01 am You need to unzip the CSLpreseason zip folder, inside you will see another folder and a .pbb file titled the same way. Copy paste both of those into the Leagues folder.
Took a bit of tinkering but it worked, thanks! It's about time I got the game although it's a bit of an investment but it's worth it.
Ball is Life.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

wms02a wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:54 pm why doesn't gary allow us to buy direct from him??? stink I bought on steam and my work PC wont allow me to run steam but allows me to download dds
From what I know, you should have no trouble getting a refund on steam if you can't use the game.

If you end up going another way.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Does wolverine studios still have this to download somewhere ?

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Stockton12 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:47 am Does wolverine studios still have this to download somewhere ?
https://www.wolverinestudios.com/purchased/
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

It's 17.99 on steam atm

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Ramcus wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:52 am
Stockton12 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:47 am Does wolverine studios still have this to download somewhere ?
thanks but it wont work on chromebook ..looking at how to get it working atm

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Stockton12 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:28 am
Ramcus wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:52 am
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe chromebooks arenn't be able to download anything right? They can only handle files online, but you can't export files with a chromebook, they're just not designed to do so. They're designed so that you do everything on a web browser, or on Google.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

That was my initial thought reading this too but my knowledge of chromebooks is limited to when they first came out however many years ago. I don’t think a chromebook could handle something like DDSPB

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Ramcus wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:48 pm
Stockton12 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:28 am
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe chromebooks arenn't be able to download anything right? They can only handle files online, but you can't export files with a chromebook, they're just not designed to do so. They're designed so that you do everything on a web browser, or on Google.
i can download the file ..but it wont open..they said u can virtual machine..im still researching

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I'm a little bit out of my element here as I've never used a chromebook, but from a little research, there's a tool called Wine that allows a Linux based system (like a Chromebook) open Windows software. Looks like there's a ton of steps to get it set up, but in theory it should work.