League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO

DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

User avatar
mgtr81
CEO
Posts: 2096
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:14 am
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: mgtr81 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Sharkn20 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:13 pm
Flaming Homer wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:01 pm
After watching a game in 2D mode I would confirm was Myles said.
First in order has the coverage, if he sits the second defender takes over.
No double team.
IS it any way to see the games in 2D, the CSL I mean
That was possible in the early versions of the game, which was a great feature.
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
cb4raptorscb4
General Manager
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:19 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: cb4raptorscb4 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:12 pm

How do the injuries work? I've been assuming since it says 'Out' that the player wouldn't play. But now after a while, Dozier and Metu both have 1 day injuries left but it says 'Out' beside their name. Would they play if I put them in the DC?
Golden State Warriors
Coby White | PJ Dozier | Klay Thompson | Henry Ellenson | Nerlens Noel
Damian Lillard | Zhaire Smith | Dillon Brooks | Chimezie Metu | Enes Kanter
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)

User avatar
Myles
Commissioner
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Myles » Thu May 07, 2020 11:19 pm

Here's what Gary wrote in the update on the new injury system:

"New Injury System

The old system of players having an injury % has been removed for a more modern day take on injuries. Players are either healthy, probable or listed as out for a number of days. The AI will act more more conservatively as in real life resting players who have injuries for meaningless regular season games but being more willing to use them if possible in the playoffs. Player ability while injured is also changed now so you will have to weigh the risk and reward of playing a “probable” player – is it worth risking a bad performance or prolonging a sickness if a player is not feeling well with the flu? Is a sore back worth missing a game or two versus having it linger with sub-optimal performances for two weeks? You’ll have to make the call."

Sounds to me like if they are "Out" then they won't play, no matter what, and if they are "probable" then they could play, but may not depending on their subout or something like that.

User avatar
cb4raptorscb4
General Manager
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:19 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: cb4raptorscb4 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:23 am

Thanks Myles! Seems like they'll have to miss one more game ☹️
Golden State Warriors
Coby White | PJ Dozier | Klay Thompson | Henry Ellenson | Nerlens Noel
Damian Lillard | Zhaire Smith | Dillon Brooks | Chimezie Metu | Enes Kanter
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)

User avatar
Sharkn20
General Manager
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Sharkn20 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:26 am

Where can I find the manual of this game?

It would be heloful to know a bit more detail of how strategies work.

Looks like Perimeter focus makes your players play a 4-1 formation.

User avatar
emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018
Posts: 4748
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:06 pm
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: emplep7 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:56 pm

Sharkn20 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:26 am
Where can I find the manual of this game?

It would be heloful to know a bit more detail of how strategies work.

Looks like Perimeter focus makes your players play a 4-1 formation.
I would love to be able to provide you one, but that is typically outside of what Gary has provided in the past unfortunately. The best "manuals" we have are the people who have played the game the most and can lean on their experience so someone here might be able to provide you some insight.
Image

User avatar
Sharkn20
General Manager
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Sharkn20 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:35 pm

emplep7 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:56 pm
Sharkn20 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:26 am
Where can I find the manual of this game?

It would be heloful to know a bit more detail of how strategies work.

Looks like Perimeter focus makes your players play a 4-1 formation.
I would love to be able to provide you one, but that is typically outside of what Gary has provided in the past unfortunately. The best "manuals" we have are the people who have played the game the most and can lean on their experience so someone here might be able to provide you some insight.
Thanks man, at least you would give me one if it existed :)

User avatar
Rizzo
Chairman of the Board
Posts: 5338
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:01 am
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Rizzo » Tue May 12, 2020 12:41 am

There must be a Help button in-game that will take you to an online manual. How helpful that is I’m not exactly sure but it could be worth a quick read.
CSL: Brooklyn Nets (2018-present)

User avatar
Sharkn20
General Manager
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Sharkn20 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm

I thought Drive & Pass couldn't be below 3, unless Drive & shoot is also 0, if we have a look at Ben Simmons his Drive & Pass is 1 and his Drive & Shoot is 12.

Also how are we going to drop both to 0 at the same time, through instructions? Is it possible?

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6691
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: The 704
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: KW » Sat May 16, 2020 8:21 pm

Sharkn20 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm
I thought Drive & Pass couldn't be below 3, unless Drive & shoot is also 0, if we have a look at Ben Simmons his Drive & Pass is 1 and his Drive & Shoot is 12.

Also how are we going to drop both to 0 at the same time, through instructions? Is it possible?
pretty sure Drive and Pass has to be above zero if Drive and Kick is above zero. Not sure where 3 is coming from
Monk/Walker/Bender/Winslow/Towns
Okobo/Jrue Holiday/McCaw/Chriss/Moore
Justin Holiday/Okogie


This avatar is staying till we get over .500

User avatar
Myles
Commissioner
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Myles » Sat May 16, 2020 9:08 pm

Sharkn20 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm
I thought Drive & Pass couldn't be below 3, unless Drive & shoot is also 0, if we have a look at Ben Simmons his Drive & Pass is 1 and his Drive & Shoot is 12.

Also how are we going to drop both to 0 at the same time, through instructions? Is it possible?
The rule states:

4. Drive/Kick cannot drop to 0 unless Drive/Shoot is also dropping to 0, or is already at 0.

So Drive/Kick can be as low as 1 but cannot go lower unless Drive/Shot is already at 0.

So you would drop Drive/Shot to 0 one week, then the next week drop Drive/Kick to 0.

User avatar
Sharkn20
General Manager
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Sharkn20 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:58 pm

Myles wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:08 pm
Sharkn20 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm
I thought Drive & Pass couldn't be below 3, unless Drive & shoot is also 0, if we have a look at Ben Simmons his Drive & Pass is 1 and his Drive & Shoot is 12.

Also how are we going to drop both to 0 at the same time, through instructions? Is it possible?
The rule states:

4. Drive/Kick cannot drop to 0 unless Drive/Shoot is also dropping to 0, or is already at 0.

So Drive/Kick can be as low as 1 but cannot go lower unless Drive/Shot is already at 0.

So you would drop Drive/Shot to 0 one week, then the next week drop Drive/Kick to 0.
Ok all clear, thanks @Myles

User avatar
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board
Posts: 4471
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 am
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: WillyJakkz » Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Is there a link to the defensive sets for dds19? Thx
Image
Image
Donovan Mitchell| Andrew Wiggins| Josh Jackson| Derrick Favors| Joel Embiid
'14: 12-70| '15: 17-65| '16: *46-36| '17: 61-21| '18: *41-41| '19: 48-34| '20: *30-52| '21: *39-43| '22: *33-49
*denotes injury

Trade Block

User avatar
emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018
Posts: 4748
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:06 pm
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: emplep7 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:28 pm

WillyJakkz wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 pm
Is there a link to the defensive sets for dds19? Thx
I'm sure there is, but I'll just put them here:

STRAIGHT - Basic M2M defense with no adjustments
SWITCH - Pick and Rolls will be switched nullifying the pick and roll while possibly leaving a poor matchup
ATTACK - Defenders will attack the perimeter helping to reduce three point attempts and allowing for more drives to your interior defense
PASSIVE - Defenders will protect the paint area more by sagging off defenders. This will reduce drives and post passes but allow more outside shot.

On top of this, you still have the same sliders available as before: PACE, FCP, DI, ZONE Offensive Rebounding, Defensive Rebounding, etc, but depending on your defensive set it will ignore some of those sliders in favor of that set (i.e. if you play PASSIVE and your zone is set to 1 it will ignore that and still zone hard).
Image

User avatar
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board
Posts: 4471
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 am
Contact:

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: WillyJakkz » Sat May 23, 2020 8:34 pm

emplep7 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:28 pm
WillyJakkz wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 pm
Is there a link to the defensive sets for dds19? Thx
I'm sure there is, but I'll just put them here:

STRAIGHT - Basic M2M defense with no adjustments
SWITCH - Pick and Rolls will be switched nullifying the pick and roll while possibly leaving a poor matchup
ATTACK - Defenders will attack the perimeter helping to reduce three point attempts and allowing for more drives to your interior defense
PASSIVE - Defenders will protect the paint area more by sagging off defenders. This will reduce drives and post passes but allow more outside shot.

On top of this, you still have the same sliders available as before: PACE, FCP, DI, ZONE Offensive Rebounding, Defensive Rebounding, etc, but depending on your defensive set it will ignore some of those sliders in favor of that set (i.e. if you play PASSIVE and your zone is set to 1 it will ignore that and still zone hard).
Ok thank you for posting
Image
Image
Donovan Mitchell| Andrew Wiggins| Josh Jackson| Derrick Favors| Joel Embiid
'14: 12-70| '15: 17-65| '16: *46-36| '17: 61-21| '18: *41-41| '19: 48-34| '20: *30-52| '21: *39-43| '22: *33-49
*denotes injury

Trade Block

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest