League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO

Stupid Questions Thread

User avatar
Myles
Commissioner
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Myles » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:48 pm

We don’t do pick swaps here, just too much to keep track of

User avatar
Ramcus
General Manager
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 12:26 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Ramcus » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:54 pm

Myles wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:48 pm
We don’t do pick swaps here, just too much to keep track of
Ah ok thanks!
Stay Me7o Image
2022-2023 CSL Season: 30-52
2023-2024 CSL Season: 46-36
New Orleans Pelicans GM
Image

User avatar
Flaming Homer
CEO
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Flaming Homer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Anyone had the problem that the starting lineup in game is different than the depth chart?
Maybe I'm missing something, but I changed the DC a few games back to have Yurtseven start at center and Young as PF. The game stats always show Young starts center, Yurtseven off the bench. But the DC in game is set the other way around.

I don't care too much right now, but it seems weird.

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6701
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: The 704
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: KW » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Are the first two minute slots in the submatrix and the starting lineup depth chart showing the same things ?
Monk/Walker/Bender/Winslow/Towns
Okobo/Jrue Holiday/McCaw/Chriss/Moore
Justin Holiday/Okogie


This avatar is staying till we get over .500

User avatar
Dennis
Commisioner Emeritus
Posts: 8411
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:19 am
Location: Düsseldorf
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Dennis » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:05 pm

No @kryus

HTML showing = DC tab ingame. Assigned minutes in position tab can be totally different though.
Boston Celtics "HoF":
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook <> 2016 - 2019
PG M. Conley <> 2018 - 2020

8 times Atlantic Division Champs.
Total: 599:303 (67%)

User avatar
Flaming Homer
CEO
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Flaming Homer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Never mind, I'm stupid.
Indeed the mistake in the sub. Didn't change that after the DC was not taken sometimes last week.

User avatar
TheTwoWallaces
General Manager
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: TheTwoWallaces » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:12 am

1) Does IQ matter?

2) I assume Discipline is for foul trouble. Is it anything else?
2024-2025 Pacers

Sexton | Alkins | Ojeleye | Porter | Mika

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6701
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: The 704
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: KW » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:27 am

TheTwoWallaces wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:12 am
1) Does IQ matter?

2) I assume Discipline is for foul trouble. Is it anything else?
1) has always been up in the air. Some GMs will stay away from low IQ players but I've never really put too much stick in it. Logically, I'd expect a high IQ player to either be a more effective scorer or playmaker, commit less turnovers and less fouls, and take advantage of matchups against high IQ players, or teams with high IQ players could be more clutch? but I've honestly never seen any consistent trends to back that up. I've had several high IQ players play below their ratings, and plenty of low IQ player play above their ratings.

2) just foul trouble I think
Monk/Walker/Bender/Winslow/Towns
Okobo/Jrue Holiday/McCaw/Chriss/Moore
Justin Holiday/Okogie


This avatar is staying till we get over .500

User avatar
TheTwoWallaces
General Manager
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: TheTwoWallaces » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:08 am

KW wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:27 am
TheTwoWallaces wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:12 am
1) Does IQ matter?

2) I assume Discipline is for foul trouble. Is it anything else?
1) has always been up in the air. Some GMs will stay away from low IQ players but I've never really put too much stick in it. Logically, I'd expect a high IQ player to either be a more effective scorer or playmaker, commit less turnovers and less fouls, and take advantage of matchups against high IQ players, or teams with high IQ players could be more clutch? but I've honestly never seen any consistent trends to back that up. I've had several high IQ players play below their ratings, and plenty of low IQ player play above their ratings.

2) just foul trouble I think
Thanks!
2024-2025 Pacers

Sexton | Alkins | Ojeleye | Porter | Mika

User avatar
TheTwoWallaces
General Manager
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: TheTwoWallaces » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:08 am

KW wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:27 am
TheTwoWallaces wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:12 am
1) Does IQ matter?

2) I assume Discipline is for foul trouble. Is it anything else?
1) has always been up in the air. Some GMs will stay away from low IQ players but I've never really put too much stick in it. Logically, I'd expect a high IQ player to either be a more effective scorer or playmaker, commit less turnovers and less fouls, and take advantage of matchups against high IQ players, or teams with high IQ players could be more clutch? but I've honestly never seen any consistent trends to back that up. I've had several high IQ players play below their ratings, and plenty of low IQ player play above their ratings.

2) just foul trouble I think
Thanks!
2024-2025 Pacers

Sexton | Alkins | Ojeleye | Porter | Mika

User avatar
ozymandias
General Manager
Posts: 801
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:14 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: ozymandias » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Hey guys! I'm about to get a new laptop this week. Just wanted to check how I'm supposed to transfer ddspb3 to it?
Image

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6701
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: The 704
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: KW » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:49 pm

The license is good for two devices
Monk/Walker/Bender/Winslow/Towns
Okobo/Jrue Holiday/McCaw/Chriss/Moore
Justin Holiday/Okogie


This avatar is staying till we get over .500

User avatar
Rizzo
Chairman of the Board
Posts: 5343
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:01 am
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Rizzo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:54 pm

You can also reach out to Wolverine Studios support and have them deactivate your license if you ever can't access it on an old computer.
CSL: Brooklyn Nets (2018-present)

User avatar
Myles
Commissioner
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Myles » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:08 pm

So the licensing company that WS used for PB3 is no longer in existence, which means they cannot deactivate licenses anymore. I don’t know if you can still activate new licenses, but I’ve tried to deactivate old ones and cannot anymore.

User avatar
blackice
CEO
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: blackice » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:36 am

Does anyone know when game 1 of the playoffs is in game? Like what date game 1 is, as I wanna know where my guys will be in terms of injury.

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6701
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: The 704
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: KW » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:47 am

I'll post a screenshot from last year's file. It should be the same every year
Monk/Walker/Bender/Winslow/Towns
Okobo/Jrue Holiday/McCaw/Chriss/Moore
Justin Holiday/Okogie


This avatar is staying till we get over .500

User avatar
blackice
CEO
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: blackice » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:54 am

KW wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:47 am
I'll post a screenshot from last year's file. It should be the same every year
Dope thx man

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6701
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: The 704
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: KW » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 am

Image
These were the dates from the first two rounds. I still hate the back-to-backs and 4 games in 5 nights stretches so much. Makes injuries such a big part of the playoffs, .
Monk/Walker/Bender/Winslow/Towns
Okobo/Jrue Holiday/McCaw/Chriss/Moore
Justin Holiday/Okogie


This avatar is staying till we get over .500

User avatar
blackice
CEO
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: blackice » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:57 am

KW wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 am
Image
These were the dates from the first two rounds. I still hate the back-to-backs and 4 games in 5 nights stretches so much. Makes injuries such a big part of the playoffs, .
Understood, gonna be tough with our frontcourt out so we'll see. DET is an Eastern Conference powerhouse, tough matchup.

User avatar
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:42 am
Contact:

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post Author: Andrewu91 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:53 am

blackice wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:57 am
KW wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 am
Image
These were the dates from the first two rounds. I still hate the back-to-backs and 4 games in 5 nights stretches so much. Makes injuries such a big part of the playoffs, .
Understood, gonna be tough with our frontcourt out so we'll see. DET is an Eastern Conference powerhouse, tough matchup.
Put an STL guy on Stanley.
Image
Bledsoe - Stanley - Klay 2022

Year 1 - 15-67 - *worst record*
Year 2 - 36-46 - Stanley era begins
Year 3 - 40-42
Year 4 - 46-36 - CSL Playoffs
Year 5 - 52-30 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL League Champion
Year 6 - 60-22 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL best record, Western Conference Finals
Year 7 - Stanley era ends. "The New Beginning"

Top 3 in GM of the Year: 2022, 2023
Top 2 in Coach of the Year: 2023
SJJ Top 3 in MVP Voting Year: 2023

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest