League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Fantasy College Football

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Fantasy College Football

Post by Rizzo »

I know I brought it up a couple months ago on the old forum, but with the season close to starting, I wanted to gauge the interest in anyone here that wanted to join a league that Cyrisnyte and I are in. It is called Recruiting Nation. The premise is that you represent a major college football program (I am the Texas Longhorns). Your roster starts off to include every player on your program, so I own the rights to all Texas Longhorn players. From there, we have a recruiting period that starts August 1st every year and lasts about two weeks. You get a recruiting budget and bid on all players that haven't previously been recruited. If you recruit a freshman, you keep him on your team until he graduates, leaves early for the NFL or, unfortunately, is dismissed from school and never signs on elsewhere. This league is a TON of fun and though the recruiting portion of the season can be pretty hectic, once that is over the heavy lifting is basically completed.

As far as the recruiting aspect of the league, I mentioned you do get a budget to work with but from there you get recruiting discounts. Again, since I am Texas, I get a discount on all Texas-born players meaning any player who was born in the state of Texas, I can get at a discount. I also get a discount for all adjacent states like New Mexico, Oklahoma, etc. Further discounts are given for winning your division, bowl games or the Recruiting Nation championship at the end of the season. We are gearing up for the start of the season now and have a few teams open (Wisconsin, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Florida State, Tennessee and Oklahoma). These teams, as you could imagine, come equipped with some legitimate talent already, so you wouldn't be too far behind in the game.

If you are at all interested, hop over to the forums and check it out: http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?board=1465.0.

I tell this to everyone I talk to about this league, but this is BY FAR the BEST fantasy league I've ever played in other than my personal fantasy football league with friends that I've been running for 12 years now. I don't personally know anyone in this league but the fun factor is off the charts! Do yourself a favor and read up on this league and grab a team!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Fantasy College Football

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I'm sorry man, I don't know a thing about Football.. :/
If not I'd participate..

Just wondering do you guys have a NBA fantasy league during regular season and PO's? We can have one, fantasy leagues are fun to play!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I'm done with fantasy basketball and baseball. Too much to handle on a daily basis. I get my basketball fix with sim leagues as it is.
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Yeah I don't know enough about football to get involved with this. I also don't do fantasy any sports (like the yahoo fantasy basketball or baseball) because I don't enjoy that style of team-building. This is all I care for.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I'm in the same boat as most of you guys. Outside of my own teams (USC Gamecocks and Carolina Panthers) I know little to nothing about football.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I just took over as co-commissioner of this league and we are looking to fill it up. I know that Florida State is available and after roll call is complete we will see if there are any other openings. This is by far my favorite fantasy league I've ever played in. If you have any interest in college football, this is the league for you!

http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?board=1465.0
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart