League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Playing Players Out of Position

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Re: Playing Players Out of Position

Post by rh0xxy »

I have no problem whatsoever. Kudos to the Admin Team for working so hard for the league.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Weber-Richards-Hifi
IR: Phills
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

rh0xxy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:37 am I have no problem whatsoever. Kudos to the Admin Team for working so hard for the league.
+1

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Been needed for a while but I still think hard rules will eventually come into play.

Kyle Anderson is barely a SF with those rebounding ratings but the Spurs are asking about him at PF and even C? He's got passing, he's got handles so he's a SG really but he has size so it could maybe be stretched to SF. Should never be a PF or C.

and don't compare the league to the CSL. Any decision needs to be designed around the engine not whether the NBA runs three guard sets, etc.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I agree with bt that our league should not make decisions based on the NBA in any way shape or form. The problem with that is that the engine can't handle the new era of basketball. DDS19 probably would do that much better, especially being able to match up defenders on specific players, would allow people to play guys wherever they want and defenses would have an easy counter for it. In this engine, we need to keep it as realistic as possible.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Thanks and congratulations. The best decision you have taken since I joined. This was really needed.
ImageImageImageImageImage

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Not targeting Willy but saw his Wiggins PG position change and with this rule, be interesting how that's handled.

44 handle and 50 pass for a PG isn't right but what if it's his only option?

There's potentially proof the Magic are worse off because of the turnovers but scoring guards are right up there with powerful tactics so is this a tactic to have that regardless of position?
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Covington is basically running point on offense while Wiggins is guarding small guys and scoring a lot. Wiggins turns it over so much I do not even see him running PG as an advantage.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Unlike the small players at big position, there are two obvious disadvantages to playing bigger guys at smaller positions. The game does account for that in terms of likelihood to commit turnovers and inability to stop drives. As there are real pros/cons to consider when moving a wing or a big to a guard spot, we don’t feel that that needs to be legislated against.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Point of clarification: Are position changes usually processed before TC is run or after? Reason I ask is because it has a major effect on what areas get trained up on a player

The Simmer
The Simmer Supreme

Post by The Simmer »

Jestor wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:06 am Point of clarification: Are position changes usually processed before TC is run or after? Reason I ask is because it has a major effect on what areas get trained up on a player
After

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Myles wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:51 am Unlike the small players at big position, there are two obvious disadvantages to playing bigger guys at smaller positions. The game does account for that in terms of likelihood to commit turnovers and inability to stop drives. As there are real pros/cons to consider when moving a wing or a big to a guard spot, we don’t feel that that needs to be legislated against.
Completely agree. Just keep an eye on position changes going forward. Some sneaky GMs will try to weave around it.
Clown.Show.League