League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2020 CSL Awards

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

2020 CSL Awards

Post by GreenBear »

*Note: 5 points given to a 1st place vote, 3 points given to a 2nd place vote, and 1 point given to a 3rd place vote. First place votes are in parentheses.

MVP

Winner: Anthony Davis, NOP - 74 pts (11)
Runner Up: Kyrie Irving, CLE - 52 pts (7)
3rd place: James Harden, DAL - 28 pts (2)

Others receiving votes: Kawhi Leonard, TOR - 27 (2), Dante Exum, UTA - 16 (1), Paul George, ORL - 12 (1), Khris Middleton, MEM - 7 (1), Kenneth Faried, UTA - 5 (1), Stephen Curry, DAL - 5, Klay Thompson, SAS - 3, Al Horford, CHI - 3, Andre Drummond, TOR - 1, Damian Lillard, LAC - 1.

Notes: AD takes home the league's MVP, with Kyrie taking the runner-up spot. Harden and Leonard were neck and neck for that 3rd spot. Somehow Faried got a 1st place vote...

DPoY

Winner: Okaro White, PHX - 96 pts (17)
Runner Up: Anthony Davis, NOP - 51 pts (5)
3rd place: Otto Porter, SAC - 33 pts (2)

Others receiving votes: Hassan Whiteside, DET - 13 (1), Kemba Walker, DET - 10, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, PHX - 7, Kenneth Faried, UTA - 5 (1), Dante Exum, UTA - 5, Draymond Green, IND - 4, Eric Bledsoe, PHX - 3, Willie Cauley-Stein, OKC - 3, Andre Drummond, TOR - 1, Jordan Adams, LAL - 1, Kawhi Leonard, TOR - 1, Nerlens Noel, LAC - 1.

Notes: Okaro wins his 4th DPoY award. There's Faried with another 1st place vote (someone REALLY likes Faried). And someone thought Jordan Adams was the 3rd best defender last year.

RoY

Winner: Karl-Anthony Towns, IND - 94 pts (13)
Runner Up: Kris Dunn, GSW - 65 pts (8)
3rd place: Justice Winslow, ATL 26 pts (2)

Others receiving votes: Treveon Graham, NOP - 19, Jamal Murray, MIA - 11 (1), Thon Maker, MIL - 9 (1), Marquese Chriss, ORL - 6 (1), D'Angelo Russell - 2, Domantas Sabonis, ATL - 1, Patrick McCaw, LAL - 1.

Notes: KAT and Dunn were the runaway favorites here with KAT taking the top spot. While he's a fine prospect, I have to scratch my head at Chriss receiving a 1st place vote.

Most Improved Player

Winner: Khris Middleton, MEM - 80 pts (13)
Runner Up: Draymond Green, IND - 23 pts (2)
3rd place: Myles Turner, BKN - 23 pts (1)

Others receiving votes: Terry Rozier, OKC - 18 (1), Bruno Caboclo, MIA - 15 (1), Kyle Anderson, BOS - 15 (2), Christian Wood, MEM - 14 (1), Cameron Payne, GSW - 13 (2), Hassan Whiteside, DET - 10 (1), Robert Covington, ORL - 9 (1), Joffrey Lauvergne, ATL - 5 (1), Terran Petteway, DET - 4, Jake Layman, BKN - 3, Bobby Portis, ATL - 1, Jae Crowder, GSW - 1.

Notes: Middleton was the overwhelming pick here, and then it became a huge cluster. Turner and Green both tied for 2nd with 23 points, but Green was given the tie-breaker due to having more 1st place votes. Both were very deserving players.

6th Man

Winner: Cody Zeller, MEM - 49 pts (8)
Runner Up: Larry Sanders, PHX - pts 38 (3)
3rd place: Terry Rozier, OKC - 35 pts (4)

Others receiving votes: DeMar DeRozan, TOR - 26 (2), Brook Lopez, ORL - 20 (2), Montrezl Harrell, DET - 20 (2), Alex Len, MIA - 14 (2), Jarnell Stokes, CLE - 10 (1), James Young, OKC - 9 (1), Terrance Ross, GSW - 9 (1), Monte Morris, DEN - 4.

Notes: Zeller beats out Sanders and Rozier to take home the top honors. OKC received votes for 2 different players, which amused me because that would give them 2 6th men. So one of them has to be the 7th man...

GMoY

Winner: bt - 47 pts (6)
Runner Up: Stockton12 - 37 pts (6)
3rd place: Andrei - 32 (4)

Others receiving votes: drumr - 19 (1), GreenBear - 15 (3), OneNole - 15 (1), Dennis - 12 (1), wms02a - 12 (1), Chilikonkarne - 9 (1), Silogical - 7, 8time - 6 (1), Mattybriand - 6, Ocons - 5 (1), Cyrisnyte - 3, emplep7 - 3, Sun Scorched - 3, DVDA - 1, Blackice - 1, Cleasby - 1.

Notes: Congrats to bt, Stockton12 and Andrei for fantastic years GMing. A lot of GMs got votes, some were head-scratchers though...

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Re: 2020 CSL Awards

Post by Stockton12 »

Well done to BT ..you deserve it ....well done to Andrei ..I thought Indy gm would get more votes then what he got

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Well done everybody and thanks for the votes :)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Congrats to the top GMs being recognized. That is truly the one award worth winning. With that said, glad to see Myles Turner getting some love for Most Improved as well as Jake Layman in the same category.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Stockton12 wrote:Well done to BT ..you deserve it ....well done to Andrei ..I thought Indy gm would get more votes then what he got

He’s not in the dick touching circle that takes place within the Facebook chat amongst about 5 GM’s so it was really tough for him to garner the required votes despite the obvious case for GMOY

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Congrats to all the winners.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Dang was hoping Rozier won 6th man of the year

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

GM of the Year is a tough one to vote on when we don’t also have a Coach of the Year award. We all wear both hats here, so when there is only one award it makes it a little more convoluted. I think GreenBear and drumr would have gotten more votes for Coach of the Year, as I felt their contributions were more about what they did with what was already on their roster, especially in regards to their major injuries.

But this was also a very strong year for GM of the Year. I thought wms02a deserved more recognition, same with Chili. Matty for me was a close 4th, I had a hard time leaving him off the ballot. I can’t fault the three who got voted in though, all of them did great jobs. Bt was obviously the deserving winner, Stockton cleared house and made New York’s future much more optimistic while still making the playoffs, and Andrei turned Memphis around.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Wow not even in the Top 10 for GM of the year .....
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Stockton12 wrote:Well done to BT ..you deserve it ....well done to Andrei ..I thought Indy gm would get more votes then what he got

Very upsetting that I didn’t make Top 10 we were considered a lock to win less the. 30 games.. but hey I guess there is always next year

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Mattybriand wrote:Wow not even in the Top 10 for GM of the year .....
You tied me. Not so bad man

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

However I’ll quit my bitching congrats to BT!

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Mattybriand wrote:

Very upsetting that I didn’t make Top 10 we were considered a lock to win less the. 30 games.. but hey I guess there is always next year
It just proves that it’s a popularity vote and not really indicative of how well you and your team performed throughout the year.

These awards should also be done before the first round of the playoffs. I’m 100% positive that BT wouldn’t have won for doing his status quo in the regular season.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Mattybriand wrote:

Activity plays a big role in likelihood of voting, especially in a season like this with so many strong possibilities

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Kyle Anderson with 2 first place votes. Well deserved, well deserved. Who voted him first?
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

How did the new guy got 1 vote for GMOY lmao?
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Thanks for pulling this together. Appreciate the votes for myself and the UTA reps on these ballots. Many thanks to whomever was foolish enough to give me a GMOY 1st place vote, cheers!

Waiting until after the playoffs definitely impacts the results, as others have said. I agree with Andrew and, coincidentally, Tim that this boils down to popularity and "media." Speaking solely for my team, I can guarantee that if I boasted more about Dante's defense and Bojan as 6MoY - they would have received more votes or at least been on the ballot!!

It's all good, very hard to limit the amount of options and not exclude good candidates.
Clown.Show.League

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Nice to get a single vote in my opening year for GMOY. Hopefully upward progress for Portland!
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Congrats to all winners and vote getters.

So hard to vote for GMotY due to us not using default coach settings and hard to differentiate from PHX getting Avery Bradley etc as an important piece to actual on court impact vs onenole getting James Harden in DAL since record alone doesn't really tell the tale. Also bt getting Westbrook then winning a title. Those are the guys I voted for.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Congrats to all and thanks for the votes.

Could maybe have a GM/coach split next year perhaps. Could be interesting.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027