League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents

New Free Agent System

Myles
Commissioner

Re: New Free Agent System

Post Author: Myles » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:24 am

Ocons wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:15 am
Will Day 1 basically be an exchange of player demands? If we aren't basing things off of DDS, we'll need to have a good understanding of that to get offer in quickly for consideration.
We aren’t going to come out with any player demands, you make the offer that you want to make. If a player receives offers below value or if the PAs think that there’s more money out there for the player, they will make a comment in that player’s free agency thread to let teams know.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post Author: Rizzo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:34 am

I’m very excited for this new system! Thanks for the hard work Admin Team, as well as the PAs behind the scenes.
CSL: Brooklyn Nets (2018-present)

Dennis
Commisioner Emeritus

Post Author: Dennis » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:04 am

So if team 1 offers 8m but better situation (Suns) and team b offers 11m but a really bad situation (lakers) and the player has a high PFW but lower greed, would we get to know how much we would have to put on top to make up the lower salary but worlds better situation? Like would the PA tell us "for like 9m we could get something done as okaro wants to play for a contender", or will it be sending feelers again and again? I'm still not sure I fully understood the negotiation part. Are PA allowed to share what the spreadsheet tells them?
Boston Celtics "HoF":
PG G. Dragic <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook <> 2016 - 2019
PG M. Conley <> 2018 - 2020

7 times Atlantic Division Champs.
Total: 536:284 (65%)

Myles
Commissioner

Post Author: Myles » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Yes, once the offers are in the agents will give open feedback. They just won’t be responding to “how much does player x want”?

mgtr81
Senior Vice President

Post Author: mgtr81 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:57 pm

Thanks.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post Author: Marcos_Beck » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:07 pm

One Q, are the number of PAs set?
And do we have them already?
#0 D.Lillard #14 G.Harris #32 J.Crowder #24 L.Markkanen #31 J.Allen
#22 C.Payne #7 J.Holiday #20 R.Hollis-Jefferson #52 J.Stokes #17 L.Birutis

Forever.
18-19 Champions Image
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah #0 L.Stephenson

Myles
Commissioner

Post Author: Myles » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:07 pm

I won’t answer that for the sake of anonymity for our PAs, who may or may not have already been instructed on what to do to keep their anonymity.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post Author: Marcos_Beck » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:54 pm

Myles wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:07 pm
I won’t answer that for the sake of anonymity for our PAs, who may or may not have already been instructed on what to do to keep their anonymity.
That's cool. No problem, I understand why!
#0 D.Lillard #14 G.Harris #32 J.Crowder #24 L.Markkanen #31 J.Allen
#22 C.Payne #7 J.Holiday #20 R.Hollis-Jefferson #52 J.Stokes #17 L.Birutis

Forever.
18-19 Champions Image
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah #0 L.Stephenson

bt
CEO

Post Author: bt » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:42 am

Myles wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:58 pm
drumr wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:39 pm
Will we be able to negociate with players based off possible cap space like in real life? Often teams wait to renounce players until they find out if they can get a max guy. Would be pretty awesome and there's not many teams in that position so it shouldn't be more work. Would also help keep teams strong as bad teams renounce players hoping they can snag a franchise changer and elite teams immediately snap them up.
We'll include a comment section so that if you make a bid that gets flagged as illegal by the system you can let us know what your plan is to make the bid legal pre-emptively.

An illegal bid is if you go over the cap with no bird rights and no exception used, or you go over the hard cap.
I just re-read every post here again and the question I want to ask is kind of handled here but would like to make sure given I'm considering all options for us.

If I chose to renounce everyone, I would have over 20 million in cap space. If I choose not to renounce anyone, according to the above, I can essentially make offers using that 20 million and if someone agreed, then I renounce all and sign that player.

Now I assume that is correct based on what Myles said above but all of it comes down to timing really? Like if a team threw 5 max offers out not caring who he signs first, that's fine but if he's unrenounced guys sign first elsewhere then it's a problem? But I assume if he's unrenounced guys are ready to sign elsewhere they won't just do that and will alert the mother team or will they just be like, I'm gone?

Is it kind of a loophole that any team with unrenounced players can exploit? Throw as many big offers as they want very early in the piece and if they get something, great, if not, they'll just go back to their own? Since it's formula driven with no team having to make a case to an agent?

Now just to clarify, I'm just using my team as an example to save my going into other teams to find examples. There's every chance we just focus on our own but it is a situation that can come up. Some team has 30 million in space without unrenounced guys so decide to have a crack first and if they get lucky, awesome otherwise they can focus on their unrenouced later.
sacramento kings

ricky rubio | isaiah cousins | jaylen adams
russell westbrook | derrick white | jawun evans
otto porter | nick johnson | deng adel
richard solomon | dj wilson
jusuf nurkic | mitch mcgary | chinanu onuaku

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023

Silogical
CEO

Post Author: Silogical » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:42 am

I dont remember if their was a ruling on this but can we make offers beyond our cap space?

So if i have cap space for 1 max guy I can make 5 max offers, I just have to state in the player threads that only 1 player can be signed?

If true can we also make a priority list?

Myles
Commissioner

Post Author: Myles » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:38 pm

After talking it over with Jon, we've decided that for our first run at this system, we will not allow teams to offer contracts that they do not have the cap space available to offer. If you don't renounce your players and remain over the cap, you will not be able to offer anything besides the exceptions. If you have 4M in available cap space, then 4M starting salary is what you can offer, nothing more.

However, we are going to allow teams to offer that amount of cap space to as many players as they want, but each contract offer is binding. So if a team had 15M in available cap space, they could offer as many contracts as they want that start below that 15M in cap space they have available. But there is no "priority list," or ranking them, so if you offer a max contract to 5 different players, and your 5th choice is the one who decides first that he wants to sign with you, that is binding, he has signed with you, there's no going back.

Myles
Commissioner

Post Author: Myles » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 pm

TLDR: If you have 5M in cap space, you can't offer more than 5M in starting salary in any contract offer. However, you can offer that 5M (or less) in as many offers as you want, but all offers are binding. If you offer that contract to 10 different players, you don't get to make a priority ranking, whoever signs first takes that cap space and that is final.

Myles
Commissioner

Post Author: Myles » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 pm

There will be a way to retract contract offers or to edit the amount you have offered, but we have time stamps on every contract offered, so you won't be able to try and retract an offer after the Player Agent has accepted the offer.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post Author: WillyJakkz » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:04 pm

Myles wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:38 pm
After talking it over with Jon, we've decided that for our first run at this system, we will not allow teams to offer contracts that they do not have the cap space available to offer. If you don't renounce your players and remain over the cap, you will not be able to offer anything besides the exceptions. If you have 4M in available cap space, then 4M starting salary is what you can offer, nothing more.

However, we are going to allow teams to offer that amount of cap space to as many players as they want, but each contract offer is binding. So if a team had 15M in available cap space, they could offer as many contracts as they want that start below that 15M in cap space they have available. But there is no "priority list," or ranking them, so if you offer a max contract to 5 different players, and your 5th choice is the one who decides first that he wants to sign with you, that is binding, he has signed with you, there's no going back.
Myles wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 pm
TLDR: If you have 5M in cap space, you can't offer more than 5M in starting salary in any contract offer. However, you can offer that 5M (or less) in as many offers as you want, but all offers are binding. If you offer that contract to 10 different players, you don't get to make a priority ranking, whoever signs first takes that cap space and that is final.
Just to give my input, good luck with this as it seems like this will be a very tall order to take on. Hopefully gm's won't be tossing money and names all willy nilly over the place as that seems a bit chaotic and could cause distention should option "10" on their list jumps at the contract first.

Hopefully they'll use more discretion, kudos to the Player Agents taking on this task.
Donovan Mitchell| Andrew Wiggins| Josh Jackson| Derrick Favors| Joel Embiid
'14: 12-70| '15: 17-65| '16: *46-36| '17: 61-21| '18: *41-41| '19: 48-34| '20: *30-52| '21: *39-43| '22: *33-49
*denotes injury

Trade Block

Dylan
General Manager

Post Author: Dylan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:10 pm

WillyJakkz wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:04 pm
Myles wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:38 pm

Myles wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 pm
Just to give my input, good luck with this as it seems like this will be a very tall order to take on. Hopefully gm's won't be tossing money and names all willy nilly over the place as that seems a bit chaotic and could cause distention should option "10" on their list jumps at the contract first.

Hopefully they'll use more discretion, kudos to the Player Agents taking on this task.
I mean, I don't really see how it's a tall order to take on. It's basically on the GMs to throw out offers wisely. If someone chooses to toss out 10 offers and their 10th choice ends up signing with them, that's on them.

bt
CEO

Post Author: bt » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:08 pm

Yeah, that works.
sacramento kings

ricky rubio | isaiah cousins | jaylen adams
russell westbrook | derrick white | jawun evans
otto porter | nick johnson | deng adel
richard solomon | dj wilson
jusuf nurkic | mitch mcgary | chinanu onuaku

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post Author: KW » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:38 pm

Can we please move this to the free agent forum for ease of access? Thx
Sanders | Pointer | Looney | Porter | Mika _____ Kilpatrick | Purvis | Anunoby | Moore

Sharkn20
General Manager

Post Author: Sharkn20 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:13 pm

Where can we see the total of Salary that we have tied at the moment? Or do I just have to do it myself?

Myles
Commissioner

Post Author: Myles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:19 pm

I'm working on that right now. However, you have to keep track of all your outstanding offers yourself.

Sharkn20
General Manager

Post Author: Sharkn20 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Myles wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:19 pm
I'm working on that right now. However, you have to keep track of all your outstanding offers yourself.
Sure that's not a problem, mine gonna be easy as I am quite close to the Salary Cap, I won't be able to do much with it, apart from the bird options.