League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents

RFA Decisions

Dennis
Commisioner Emeritus

Re: RFA Decisions

Post Author: Dennis » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:48 am

True, I dont think it is a bug tbh, it makes managing relationships etc just way more important. Adds even more realism to the game - I like.
Boston Celtics "HoF":
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook <> 2016 - 2019
PG M. Conley <> 2018 - 2020

7 times Atlantic Division Champs.
Total: 536:284 (65%)

AlexS
General Manager

Post Author: AlexS » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:30 pm

Couldn't be happier to have Weber back on such a team friendly deal!

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post Author: emplep7 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:15 pm

bt wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:56 am
Lets not just jump to the glitch/bug reasoning. Just in the current file, his organisation level is down a bit and who knows if he had issues with players last season at any point.

Could be a number of things.
So after seeing that Ante Zicic accepted a minimum offer from New Orleans over my full MLE offer, I found out the reason he accepted the QO. I had 15 players on my roster so he physically couldn't accept the free agent contract offer even if his demands were met. The game will still force them to sign the QO though regardless of roster spots but will not allow them to be signed to a FA contract.

Anyone playing this game for that long though knows the logic is not THAT complex where slight bumps in relationships would not allow a player to sign a QO over their player demands though. Once they are met and that team is listed as their "Favorite Team" its almost a guarantee they will sign in the game. Yet another reason not to have used it IMO.

Ocons
CEO

Post Author: Ocons » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Aka commish privilege
Image C Porzingis PF Dieng SF Hamilton SG Irving PG Cotton

Ramcus
General Manager

Post Author: Ramcus » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:57 am

emplep7 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:15 pm
bt wrote:
Lets not just jump to the glitch/bug reasoning. Just in the current file, his organisation level is down a bit and who knows if he had issues with players last season at any point.

So after seeing that Ante Zicic accepted a minimum offer from New Orleans over my full MLE offer, I found out the reason he accepted the QO. I had 15 players on my roster so he physically couldn't accept the free agent contract offer even if his demands were met. The game will still force them to sign the QO though regardless of roster spots but will not allow them to be signed to a FA contract.

Anyone playing this game for that long though knows the logic is not THAT complex where slight bumps in relationships would not allow a player to sign a QO over their player demands though. Once they are met and that team is listed as their "Favorite Team" its almost a guarantee they will sign in the game. Yet another reason not to have used it IMO.
Unironically, that actually sucks to hear. I had no clue Zizic was as good as he is, I was just looking at available free agents and saw his numbers and thought "hey he could be a good addition."
Stay Me7o Image

PG. Joe Jackson/Aquille Carr
SG. Paul George/Brandon Jennings/Tyler Dorsey/LiAngelo Ball
SF. Moe Harkless/Derrick Jones/Yuta Watanabe
PF. Anthony Davis/Brice Johnson/Alfonzo McKinnie
C. Ante Zizic/Dwight Howard/Andrew Bynum

2022-2023 CSL Season: 30-52
2023-2024 CSL Season: (Signed Paul George)
New Orleans Pelicans GM

bt
Chairman of the Board

Post Author: bt » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:01 am

emplep7 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:15 pm
bt wrote:

So it was basically one of a 'number of things' then :D

Would have been hard for Wolverine to stop this oversight though.
sacramento kings

ricky rubio | isaiah cousins | jaylen adams
russell westbrook | derrick white | jawun evans
otto porter | nick johnson | deng adel
richard solomon | dj wilson
jusuf nurkic | mitch mcgary | chinanu onuaku

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post Author: emplep7 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Hah no that oversight is 100% on me and not the game.

I was talking more about the magical unknown logic that seems to get brought up every year.