League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO

John Wall

Post Reply
User avatar
CSL Player Agent
Assistant GM
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:37 pm

John Wall

Post Author: CSL Player Agent » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:36 am

Wall is considering his offer from Miami, but is expected to re-sign with Denver.

User avatar
CSL Player Agent
Assistant GM
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Re: John Wall

Post Author: CSL Player Agent » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:39 pm

John Wall has decided to re-sign with the Denver Nuggets. The details of the contract are as follows:

Starting Salary: $13,000,000
Years: 3
Raise %: 4
Option: N/A
Exception: N/A
Total Amount: $40,560,000

Although the other offers had to drop out due to lack of cap space, John Wall is thrilled to rejoin the upcoming Nuggets team and continue to work towards a championship with them for what could be the last big contract of his long and successfull CSL career.

User avatar
hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board
Posts: 4907
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:26 pm
Contact:

Re: John Wall

Post Author: hardenwithnod » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm

Good deal for an aging Wall at this point, and honestly I was surprised more teams didn't go after him.
Cotton/Trice/Ferrell
Devyn-Marble/Lewis
Hezonja/Dotson/Leaf
Anigbogu/Rabb/Giles/Spellman
Cauley-Stein/Marjanovic/Allen

User avatar
GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021
Posts: 4604
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:18 am
Location: Philly
Contact:

Re: John Wall

Post Author: GreenBear » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm

I think his talent has always been slightly below Bledsoe's (although I'm admittedly biased), but this is a much much better contract.
Starters: Shaq Harrison | Isaiah Taylor | Okaro White | Isaiah Austin | Zach Collins
2nd Unit: Isaiah Whitehead | Terrence Ferguson | Malik Beasley | Terrence Jones | Mamadou N'Diaye

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6372
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: The 704
Contact:

Re: John Wall

Post Author: KW » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:02 pm

GreenBear wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm
I think his talent has always been slightly below Bledsoe's (although I'm admittedly biased), but this is a much much better contract.
I think he's decidedly one tier below Bledsoe. The final year of this contract may be icky but worth it this year and next
Image
Tang | Okogie | Winslow | Chriss | Moore __ Macura | Butler | Mika

User avatar
GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021
Posts: 4604
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:18 am
Location: Philly
Contact:

Re: John Wall

Post Author: GreenBear » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:05 pm

KW wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:02 pm
GreenBear wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm
I think his talent has always been slightly below Bledsoe's (although I'm admittedly biased), but this is a much much better contract.
I think he's decidedly one tier below Bledsoe. The final year of this contract may be icky but worth it this year and next
You say that now, but there was a LONG time where Wall was regarded as above Bledsoe in this league. I would know, as Bledsoe struggled to make all-star teams for a while. It’s really only since Bledsoe won 2 titles the last few years that he got more respect.
Starters: Shaq Harrison | Isaiah Taylor | Okaro White | Isaiah Austin | Zach Collins
2nd Unit: Isaiah Whitehead | Terrence Ferguson | Malik Beasley | Terrence Jones | Mamadou N'Diaye

User avatar
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:42 am
Contact:

Re: John Wall

Post Author: Andrewu91 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:52 pm

GreenBear wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:05 pm
KW wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:02 pm
GreenBear wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm
I think his talent has always been slightly below Bledsoe's (although I'm admittedly biased), but this is a much much better contract.
I think he's decidedly one tier below Bledsoe. The final year of this contract may be icky but worth it this year and next
You say that now, but there was a LONG time where Wall was regarded as above Bledsoe in this league. I would know, as Bledsoe struggled to make all-star teams for a while. It’s really only since Bledsoe won 2 titles the last few years that he got more respect.
Bledsoe should be thanks us for saving his career.
Image
Bledsoe - Stanley - Klay 2022

Year 1 - 15-67 - *worst record*
Year 2 - 36-46 - Stanley era begins
Year 3 - 40-42
Year 4 - 46-36 - CSL Playoffs
Year 5 - 52-30 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL League Champion
Year 6 - 60-22 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL best record, Western Conference Finals
Year 7 - Stanley era ends. "The New Beginning"

Top 3 in GM of the Year: 2022, 2023
Top 2 in Coach of the Year: 2023
SJJ Top 3 in MVP Voting Year: 2023

User avatar
Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019
Posts: 5544
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:15 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: John Wall

Post Author: Marcos_Beck » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Good deal here. Denver couldn't let him walk. And it's a fair value after all.
#19 M.Teodosic #32 J.Crowder #43 K.Leonard #39A.Davis #17 L.Birutis
#8 J.Jackson #14 G.Harris #52 J.Stokes

Image
Forever.
18-19 Champions Image
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah #0 L.Stephenson

User avatar
Myles
Commissioner
Posts: 3204
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am
Contact:

Re: John Wall

Post Author: Myles » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Thrilled to have Wall back. Wanted to have that TO on the third year but we couldn’t afford to mess around with other good teams putting in offers. Even with those teams dropping out, just didn’t want to risk it. Welcome back John!

User avatar
bt
Chairman of the Board
Posts: 3134
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:12 am
Contact:

Re: John Wall

Post Author: bt » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:52 am

That's a great figure for having him return. That guaranteed third might not be ideal but he'll still be pretty good then and a valuable expiring.
sacramento kings

isaiah cousins | jaylen adams | jawun evans
russell westbrook | derrick white | nick johnson
otto porter | dj wilson | deng adel | jerami grant
richard solomon | mitch mcgary | alize johnson
jusuf nurkic | brandon mccoy


CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest