League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CBA Questions

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

CBA Questions

Post by Marcos_Beck »

We've announced the new CBA earlier in the season and it's fairly normal that GMs have some questions to make about it, so fire away!
I'll answer them as quickly as possible.

Also, if you have a suggestion or feel that any topic is missing at CBA, just contact admins via PM. VIA PM, because we'll have a clean, straight chat about the matter, will discuss it internally and report back to you if the suggestion / missing topic will be added or not!

Lets keep this topic for questions, no whining or anything like that. If you have a question, make it, other than that, any issues or whatever, via PM to me, Doug and Jon (preferably all 3) and we'll be happy to talk about it!

Thanks for the attention and shoot some Qs, guys!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: CBA Questions

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I'll start by asking myself something:

"CBA says I have 48 hours to match a RFA's offer sheet. What does 48 hours means exactly?"

It means you'll have 48 hours starting from the moment The Simmer posted at the forums that the offer sheet was signed. No matter how many sims were run during that time, it's 48 hours, it's not two sims or two days. It's 48 hours which means that if we have a gap of 60 hours from one sim to another and you choose it to match it one hour before the sim (in this case, at hour 59 out of 60) you lost the player because you did not match him at the 48 hour period. On the other hand if there's a gap of 40 hours between the announcement of offer sheet and next sim, once it's run, you still have 8 hours to match it.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Marcos_Beck wrote:I'll start by asking myself something:

"CBA says I have 48 hours to match a RFA's offer sheet. What does 48 hours means exactly?"

It means you'll have 48 hours starting from the moment The Simmer posted at the forums that the offer sheet was signed. No matter how many sims were run during that time, it's 48 hours, it's not two sims or two days. It's 48 hours which means that if we have a gap of 60 hours from one sim to another and you choose it to match it one hour before the sim (in this case, at hour 59 out of 60) you lost the player because you did not match him at the 48 hour period. On the other hand if there's a gap of 40 hours between the announcement of offer sheet and next sim, once it's run, you still have 8 hours to match it.
Why in the world does this differ from the engine?

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Said differently, why in the world do we use the engine FOR EVERYTHING related to free agency.... but not this?

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Probably because sim times vary and not everyone can logon every couple hours

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

BizGilwalker wrote:Probably because sim times vary and not everyone can logon every couple hours
But it would be easier, no?

I would just have to submit a .tem prior to the 3rd sim.

Sim 1 - RFA signs offer sheet
Sim 2 - Nothing
Sim 3 - Mother team matches offer sheet

What am I missing?

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Yeah, the change regarding RFA offer sheet matching was done in a bit of haste and may not have been our best change (I can't speak for the others, but I didn't think it all the way through with how it would differ in-game). Also, we did not do a great job of communicating the change out. I apologize for that. We'll work on correcting the issue.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Guys, send me everything you think is missing at CBA, or everything that needs further clarification, I plan on updating it so we have more things covered. I'll update it tomorrow I believe so send me everything by PM, I'll be thankful.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Ooh oooh oooh, I have a question. Next time we update the CBA, is it possible to highlight or somehow call out changes that were made so we don't have to memorize every line and then pick up on a new sentence or two that gets added to new versions, especially for things that were acceptable just the season before? Pretty please?

Thanks so much.
Clown.Show.League

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Ocons wrote:Ooh oooh oooh, I have a question. Next time we update the CBA, is it possible to highlight or somehow call out changes that were made so we don't have to memorize every line and then pick up on a new sentence or two that gets added to new versions, especially for things that were acceptable just the season before? Pretty please?

Thanks so much.
Will be done. I know you are being sarcastic as hell here but I honestly don't give a damn about how anyone behaves when things do not go their way. It's written, it's written, otherwise we'll talk about it. But when it's written it's a rule.
Even though you sound like a kid while doing that, I'll take some of my time to answer your properly.

We did not run the list of updates because it was a BIG one. So we asked you to read the CBA. From now on as it will be minor tweaks we'll list them as much as possible. BTW CBA updates will happen at the end of the season, some new rules (not necessarily new but mostly tweaks) that you guys reported will be introduced. Thank you for the feedback.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Come on Kevin. You don't even bold your DC. No GM ever bolded his DC when it was all new, like this cba is.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Confirming:
Is the cap hold for RFAs 200%? and the CBA says atleast 200% what scenario would the cap hold be greater than 200%?

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Silogical wrote:Confirming:
Is the cap hold for RFAs 200%? and the CBA says atleast 200% what scenario would the cap hold be greater than 200%?
Before the draft RFA cap holds account for 200%. After the draft it stands but if you elect to extend QO it's SIGNIFICANTLY lower.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Marcos_Beck wrote:
Silogical wrote:Confirming:
Before the draft RFA cap holds account for 200%. After the draft it stands but if you elect to extend QO it's SIGNIFICANTLY lower.
The time period im interested in is when the cap is calculated to determine if you get MLE/tax payer MLE/Room exception ect. So for this time period I am looking at 50% cap holds on my RFAs?(assuming i extend qualifying offers)

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Will the salary cap remain the same for next season? Or should we expect an update?

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Myles wrote:Will the salary cap remain the same for next season? Or should we expect an update?
I would be concerned that everyone would lose their fucking minds again.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Cap goes up!!!
Cleveland Cavaliers

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Sun Scorched wrote:
Myles wrote:Will the salary cap remain the same for next season? Or should we expect an update?
I'm just talking small updates. In prior sim leagues I've seen minor increases and decreases season over season, so I was just curious.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Myles wrote:
Sun Scorched wrote:
I'm just talking small updates. In prior sim leagues I've seen minor increases and decreases season over season, so I was just curious.
I was being facetious.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Its something that is being discussed now, but if anything it would be a very minor change. I would personally project based on the current CAP figures.